UL 444 Listed CMR-CI-LS for Communication Cable; 300V / 105°C
- 1 Scope
- 1.1 This standard applies to 60 – 250°C single- or multiple-conductor jacketed or unjacketed, integral or nonintegral cables and single or multiple coaxial cables for telephone and other communication circuits such as voice, data, and audio for on-premise customer systems. These cables are may contain one or more optical fiber members. For the purpose of this standard, a coaxial cable or coaxial member conductor is a single conductor with a shield. For the purpose of this standard, a single- or multiple-conductor unjacketed cable is a cross-connect wire.
- 1.2 This standard applies to communications cables that are intended primarily for installation in accordance with Section 60 of the Canadian Electrical Code Part I, and Article 800 of the National Electrical Code (NEC), ANSI/NFPA 70. They are rated for 300 V applications, but are not so marked.
Note: See Annex a for a complete list of wire types covered by this Standard and the specific electrical codes for which they are intended.
- 1.3 This standard does not apply to communications cords.
- 1.4 In Canada, the Type "-CI" circuit integrity markings are not recognized by the Canadian Electrical Code, Part I.
In the US, Type CMH is not recognized in the NEC.
- 1.5 If a value for measurement is followed by a value in other units in parenthesis, the second value may be only approximate. The first stated value is the requirement.