National Fire Protection AssociationNote: Applicable for Transit Authorities
- 12.5 Fire-Resistive Cables
- 12.5.1 Fire-resistive cables shall be certified or listed as having been tested to the normal (ASTM E119) time-temperature curve in accordance with ANSI/UL 2196.
- 12.5.2 The cables shall comply with the requirements for no less than a 1 hour fire resistance rating when tested in accordance with ANSI/UL 2196.
- 12.5.3 The cables and systems shall comply with the following:
- (1) Be tested as a complete system, in both the vertical and horizontal orientation, of conductors, cables, and raceways, as applicable.
- (2) For fire-resistive cables intended for installation in a raceway, be tested in the type of raceway in which they are intended to be installed.
- (3) Have installation Instructions that describe the tested assembly, with only the components included in the tested assembly acceptable for installation.